Crazysister at the Big Heads

Friday, July 10, 2009

What Plan ???

Did I say in the last post that we had a plan? What was I thinking? Perhaps I should have said... we have a plan of where we might go. The entire group met last Monday, July 6th to make a few decisions, and the only decision that most could agree on was that I had fixed too much corn on the cob for our dinner. We did explore some options like the Nash Trash tour which seemed like it was made for the "Crazy Sister" including bringing your coolers with beer and/or wine, but alas, it was already booked. This may lead us to be on the Nashville Trolley tour that meets in front of the Hard Rock Cafe. I give you this information so to be fair warning to any other travelers who might also be considering this same tour next weekend. You will want to pick another tour. The Big Heads and Beyond group will be loud (except for yours truly) and very "friendly." This tour will suddenly become "interactive." I plan to have a couple of 'calming' pills for the driver. He is going to need them!
Basically, here is a list of what we know right now. I promise you that this is the complete list!
1. We will leave on Friday, July 17th from Uncle Bud's house. Sister Jeanie wanted to know the exact time...has she not been in the family enough to know that never in the history of family activities has there been an EXACT time.
2. We will stay somewhere between Morganton, NC and Nashville, TN - the first night.
3. We have no (yes I repeat - NO ) reservations anywhere for anytime throughout the 2 weeks.
4. Newly indoctrinated sister, Wendy, requests that no one touches her in her sleeping bag. What a noble idea Miss Wendy! Good luck to you!
5. We plan to stop in St. Louis. Crazy Sister still thinks that we are visiting the "Golden Arches." There is one arch; it is not golden. I hope that it is still standing when we leave.
6. The youngest member of the Big Heads and Beyond group has requested stops at historical sites and graves of Laura Ingalls Wilder and family. I can't help but feeling a little like what Charles Ingalls must have felt when he loaded up the family and headed into the big unknown. My disclaimer is that when I think of Charles Ingalls... I will be referring to the 'Michael Landon' looking Charles Ingalls not the real life one. Have you ever seen a picture of the real one?

Well folks, there you have it! Our plan to Montana and back! I will give updates as we confirm things. (I can't type that without laughing)

I would like to give a special "hi-five" to Chaz and Chya, the youngest of our followers. Your dear Mama "promised" that she would take you to Mystery Hill while we are gone. Just so she does not try to trick you, Mystery Hill is open 7 days a week from 9:00 in the morning to 8:00 at night! Have fun and take pictures for me!

10 comments:

candis said...

Thanks Spanish Kim for telling us about Mystery Hill! Mom says she will take us soon...Chaz
Have a happy time on your western safari and hello Grayson...Chya
PS Hello Wendy

positivepatty said...

Hey Chaz and Chya ! I want you to keep me updated on when you get to go to Mystery Hill. Make sure you look at our pictures while we are on the trip. We will send you a message in one of the photos !

CrazySister said...

I'm glad Jeanie is not a gray blob anymore. That was bothering me. I have come to the conclusion that "Crazy Sister" is the smartest in the group because she is the only one that drinks. I have a feeling that before 2 weeks is up, everyone along will want a drink of something stronger than tea or sundrop.

CrazySister said...

OH yea, I found this on the Anheuser-Busch site in St. Louis...

"If you are 21 years of age or older, sample our products in the Hospitality Room. Choose from a variety of brews including our seasonal brands and new products. The St. Louis Tour Center also hosts a number of exciting events throughout the year. Click on the Events section of this website for a schedule."

Wonder how many free taste I can talk em out of.

Unknown said...

I talked to Uncle Bud today. I think that Pepper (Uncle Bud's dog) knows that he is leaving (seeing his master hook the camper up and give it a test run was the likely give-away)because Bud has encountered mysterious truck problems---yes, the truck that is pulling the camper. It seems that Pepper has been chewing wires underneath the truck. Everything has been repaired---as far as we know. Uncle Bud is working really hard to make sure everything is in order. He is even having someone to clean the camper this week.


Who is going to be responsible for making sure that Crazy Sister is on time Friday? Bud says that she is just like mama.

CrazySister said...

I know why I'm not called "LuckySister". My cloths dryer quit heating this weekend. I washed 8 loads of cloths and took them to the local laundry mat to dry. I will have to wash and go back before the week is through. On a brighter note, what few rags I have are packed and so are Nate's. I dared Nate to get in his bag. He reminded me that all his underwear is packed. You know what that means. He will be extra free this week at work. I did buy him 3 new pairs of boxers at Wallyworld. I still have a log list of things to do, but I have bought 2 cases of beer and stuff to make pimento cheese. I plan on leaving work Friday at 2, not that that means anything. Everyone that knows me, knows that I will be literally late for my own funeral (not that that is a bad thing). This is going to be a stressful week. Hopefully the 2 cases of beer will last until Friday. Anyone willing to donate beer...I found it for $11.97 a case at Wallyworld. That is .50 cent a beer. What a deal.

I'm going to miss Dave LaGamba's birthday party Friday. Wonder if I'm loaded and ready to go at 4,if we could caravan just thru the Gas Lite parking lot so I can say "Happy Birthday Dave, We miss you, and give him a toast."

Kathy...it's Sunday night...your still a gray blob.....

candis said...

Crazysister, I am totally impressed that you are packed already! Has Positive Patty packed all of those suitcases yet?

candis said...

Hello travelers,
I have included a youtube clip for you guys to view before you leave. It is a short clip about self defense in case you need it while you are traveling to the unknown. I think you should purchase a jumprope and and a skoal can to keep with you at all times! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbwJ2PwB2UU
candis

CrazySister said...

Awwww Candis, how sweet. That poor feller was truly concerned about people's safety. He provided some valuable tips that I personally will keep in mind, just in case we need them along the way. Thanks a bunch!

positivepatty said...

Gee... thanks Candis! CrazySister doesn't need anyone "egging" her on... if she starts that WV ninja stuff with her beverage containers, you are going to be in big trouble when I get back ...