Crazysister at the Big Heads

Monday, July 13, 2009

The "Bucket List" of food ... part 1

I have had the joy of dining at the Loveless Cafe once already in my life. It made me think of the fountain in Rome, Italy ... legend (or someone) says that you will return some day if you toss a coin into it. Well, if I had to choose between Loveless Cafe and Rome, Italy - I would follow my nose to the best biscuits in the world.

The following information comes straight from the website www.lovelesscafe.com

Welcome to the Loveless Motel and Cafe.

Located on Highway 100 in Nashville Tennessee at the Northern Terminus of the Natchez Trace Parkway, the Loveless Cafe remains unchanged in the quaint country charm and good cooking that has made it a landmark in the South since its doors opened over half a century ago.
Nationally acclaimed and frequented by celebrities, world travelers and local appetites alike, the Loveless Cafe serves up award-winning country ham and red eye gravy, real Southern-fried chicken, and Nashville's favorite scratch biscuits with homemade preserves cooked right in the kitchen. The Loveless story has been told the world over, from Gourmet Magazine and Bon Appetit to U.S. News and World Report, CBS Television, and People Magazine. Come discover Loveless for yourself, and experience Southern dining and hospitality at their best.


I can tell you right now that I plan to eat so much that I will be sick when I leave, and yes, I know that gluttony is a sin. It happens to be my sin of "choice."

5 comments:

CrazySister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CrazySister said...

I hope my "low carb with low carb liquidssssss........" diet makes it these next 2 weeks

CrazySister said...

Positivepatty's idea of "roughing it" is staying in a motel without a restaurant. Two weeks in a camper, traveling almost all the way across the good 'ol USA....I bet she'll be drinkin with me before August 1st. Might even have to stop and get sum stronger stuff. "Em biscuits and fried chicken and bbq ain't gonna cut the stress, not to mention....all that's gotta come out sometime....in a camper bathroom...for everyone..."Sorry bout ur luck".

positivepatty said...

Dear CrazySister,

If you keep talkin bout my bodily functions... yous gonna find yourself banned from this here blog...

CrazySister said...

I see myself in the near future standin on the interstate or any big road with my thumb out tryin to catch a trucker fur a ride backhome. Smokey Mtn rain will be callin.